I have been nominated for an award: the One Lovely Blog Award is mine. Sean O. Murphy from Very Novel has nominated me.
He has a lovely blog and would love you to drop by and see what he is up to. He is running a great series on planning your platform, so you will no doubt find him very helpful as well as interesting. He is at http://verynovel.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/the-lovely-blogger-award/
Rules of One Lovely Blog.
Thank the person who nominated you. I do, I do. Thank you Sean. I am honoured and a little intrigued when people nominate me for awards. I read my rubbish and wonder sometimes…. Display the logo on your blog.
Er… now this may or may not occur. I am notoriously dreadful with downloading images and if I do manage to do this, then someone may have to invent another sort of award for clots like me to win. So, I promise to try….. but don’t hold your breath.
Then I have to tell you
Seven Random Things about Myself
1. I love marshmallows
2. I got my ears pierced – aged 42.
3. I make felt hats for a living.
4. I hate dentists, doctors and anything medical.
5. I once painted my bathroom fuchsia. All of it: walls, floor, ceiling. (Paintwork was bright green).
6. I live in a bungalow, but still say I’m going up to bed (and have an under stairs cupboard -!)
7. I once kept two pet sheep in my garden.
I have chosen them for many different reasons. Some are relatively new bloggers, some are old hands, but you will find something interesting on all their pages. Do pop over and have a read. You will not be disappointed.
A Thought Provoking Blog Award.
Patwoodblogging – oh, wow, that would be me – has been nominated for A Thought Provoking Blog Award by Anne over at A word or two. That’s amazing. I must remember to be as Thought Provoking as possible in future to be sure I deserve it.
Do pop over and have a look at her blog. Anne writes lovely poetry and has also written a book available on Kindle called Pale Shelter. Well worth reading and if you are quick you can get it free! If you’re not quick and you have to pay, it’s still worth getting!
The rules to this award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you Anne for the nomination. I am delighted and honoured to accept. Swift genuflect.
2. Post the image on your blog. I’m terrible at this, so it may or may not appear, but I will give it a whirl.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
I’m a Virgo, but not typical. They are organised. I am not. I make the Best risotto. I do, I really do. It is scrummy and we had some this evening. I like gin and tonic, but can’t drink much of it because it makes me silly and my heart jumps around like a frog. My ring fingers are longer than my forefingers (please don’t hold that against me). I am frightened of the dentist – well, not so much of him, but of what he does when I’m there. I don’t like spiders, or any creepy-crawly much. And I am a strictly fair-weather gardener. Also I can’t count, but I think that’s seven, might be eight now.
And nominate 5 other delightful bloggers for this award.
Do go and take a look at all these great blogs with great posts and great personalities behind them.
I have another award!
There would be a photo of me here, but too embarrassing. Blush and simper! Thank you very much to The Writer’s Codex for the nomination for the Liebster Award. At this point I should say that I am being supremely dense and I cannot upload the badge. My nominees will doubtless have better luck/sense/knowledge. Nathan at http://thewriterscodex.wordpress.com/ who nominated me probably thinks I have forgotten all about this, but no, it just takes a little while to get organised, especially when he puts such ruthless questions to me! He writes lovely posts and in his own words from his About page ‘he strives to not only put pen to paper and write engaging stories that allow a glimpse into the truths of life, but to also one day have people read the stories he pens’. Good luck to him in all his endeavours. Take a look for yourselves.
In honour of this reward, and following the rules, I have tried to answer the questions (Nathan, you are rotten – these are so hard!) The Writer’s Codex has put. But some may be answered by reliable me and others by unreliable me. You must work out for yourself which are which!
- What prompted you to start your blog? I wanted to meet other writers, find a tribe of like-minded people and begin to establish a platform for my writing.
- What is one life event/decision that you didn’t expect, but made your life what it is today? I started a retail art supplies shop. By accident really. Ran it for 14 years.
- Do you have any regrets in life? Wish I’d visited Syria. Wanted to go to Damascus, but not going to happen at the moment. If so, are you doing anything to resolve them? Er, no.
- What specific tasks are you doing to achieve your goals right now? Writing like mad, editing like mad, blogging and even Tweeting.
- What one thing do you wish people would remember you for after you’re gone? I’d like them to think I was kind, helpful, a good friend and a damn good writer. With Beautiful hair. And thin. Yes, I know it was supposed to be one thing!
- What do you enjoy most in life? A jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou. No, not you, my John.
- If you could make one decision that would change your life forever, what would that decision be? I’d go blonde. Really really blonde. I’d look terrible, upset all my family and have every justification for being a bimbo. And streak at Wimbledon. (Yes, I know. One thing. And it’s been done).
- What is it about books that draws you to them? I think because I can lose myself in them, inside their secret worlds. I have always read. My earliest memories are of wonderful books.
- Describe your favourite movie in terms of what makes you love it so much. Now this is hard, because I’m not a great film person. Have to choose? Maybe Shakespeare in Love.
- Think of a loved one, what one question do you want to ask that person? Fancy a quick roll in…I mean, could I have a glass of dry white, please?
- What would it take for you to make friends with an old enemy? Don’t think I have any old enemies. Does that make me boring? If I do, then come out of the woodwork, buster, and we’ll see what it takes.
Now, the blogs I have chosen to nominate and my eleven questions for them:
Okay, there are my Liebster nominees. Do pop over to their blogs and check them out. They are all very worthy of this award and will appreciate you stopping by.
And the questions: compared to those above, these are really easy. But you must answer truthfully. (Like that’ll ever happen!)
- If you could invite a celebrity or historical figure to dinner, who would it be?
- If you knew it was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
- Who is your favourite fictional character and why?
- What’s the first thing you ever bought with your own money?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
- If you could offer the 12 year-old you a piece of advice, what would you say?
- What would be your perfect holiday destination and who would you take?
- What was the last book you read and how was it for you?
- If you could exist without sleeping or food, which one would you give up?
- You have to give up one thing from your life right now – what will it be?
- Glass half-full or glass half-empty? Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
That wasn’t so hard, was it? I hope that tells us something about the real you. And again I want to thank The Writer’s Codex for the nomination.
I am very grateful to Grandmother Musings who has nominated me for the The Beautiful Blogger Award. This is the second time I have been presented with this and I am not sure what I have done to deserve it, but I am pleased and honoured to accept. Grandmother Musings is a great place to visit, witty and interesting and with a feel-good aura to it. Food and writing, photos and how to do stuff. You are bound to find something there to interest you.
The Rules for The Beautiful Blogger Award:
1. Write a little something about the Beautiful Blogger who nominated you with the award. See above. And don’t forget to go and check her out too.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- My Kindle is called ‘Fluffy’. (I know, it’s embarrassing, isn’t it?)
- My favourite colour is pink. (I know, more embarrassment).
- I love Winnie the Pooh. (Seems to be a bit of a theme here…)
- I once read War and Peace in 40 minute instalments commuting to work (Better. Much more adult).
- I love beetroot…
- And Meat Loaf (the band, not the food)
- My favourite alcoholic drink is Pimms.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
7 Nominees for The Beautiful Blogger Award:
Please visit all my nominees and leave them a Beautiful Comment. They are so worth it. One or two are very new and will especially appreciate your kindness.
Thank you again to Grandmother Musings. I will do my best to live up to the title.
I’ve met a lot of lovely people in my life, but some of the nicest, I have never actually laid eyes on. I have only corresponded with them through this site.
After two weeks, I have been offered two awards: the Beautiful Blogger and the Reader Appreciation Award and I heartily thank
I am delighted and honoured to accept and to be in such distinguished company as those I have read as a result of looking up all their sites after this nomination.
I feel a Gwyneth Paltrow at the Oscars moment coming on. It’s all right you can’t hear me singing. Probably just as well.
Which brings me to the next bit: apparently I have to write 7 things about myself.
I’m not sure I know 7 things about me, well, not ones I can impart to the assembled company. OK, maybe I do. Here goes:
- My favourite meat is lamb.
- I hate snow. Yes, really hate it.
- I love pens, collect them.
- I love ice cream (even though I’m supposed to be dairy-free and shouldn’t eat it)
- I wear glasses for driving.
- I drink herbal and fruit tea, not English Breakfast.
- I get migraines.
And now I have to nominate some others to receive these awards. This is even harder, since there are some lovely people and blogs on here. I am very new and I have had some interesting comments and very helpful advice.
If I have missed anyone who thinks they should be on this list, please forgive me. I would nominate you all if I could. However I propose the following, which may or may not be the right number, but such is life:
For being there at the beginning, the Beautiful Blogger award:
- Candace Knoebel candaceknoebel.wordpress.com
- kathils myrandommuse.wordpress.com
- Sharmishtha Basu window2mysoul.wordpress.com
- Henna Skyhennasky.wordpress.com
for keeping me going and making me feel I was doing the right things, the Beautiful Blogger Award:
- shrewdbanana shrewdbanana.wordpress.com
- Patrick Ross artistsroad.wordpress.com
- C. A. Husted cahusted.wordpress.com
for great comments and inspiration, the Reader Appreciation Award:
- belocchio belocchio.wordpress.com
- mymagicalescape mymagicalescape.wordpress.com
- su’eddie sueddie.wordpress.com
Thank you all for your help, advice, wonderful comments and welcoming ways.
I hope you all gain lots of support from new readers by accepting this.
And thanks again for nominating me to Nicole and Liza.